Spring Maintenance Tips For Your Home
Home Maintenance Tips
As winter comes to an end, and the warm spring weather arrives, it is the perfect time to start making your spring-cleaning list to get your home looking its best for the season. Keep these home maintenance tips in mind to help get your home ready for spring.
- Check your rain gutters to ensure that they are tight and do not leak. Improper drainage with your rain gutters can lead to water leaking into your crawl space or basement. This is also a good time to check your down spouts to ensure that they are free of debris and pointing away from your house.
- Fill any low areas of your yard with compacted soil. Spring rains can cause your yard to flood, which can cause serious damage to your foundation. It can also create the perfect breeding ground for insects.
- Check all the wood trim around your doors and windows to ensure that there are no cracks. If you find any cracks, fix them as soon as possible so the spring rains do not do more damage.
- Look at your roof and see if there are any shingles that are missing or damaged. Replace any missing or damaged shingles before the weather heats up even more, since the hot summer months can cause serious damage.
- Check the exterior of your chimney to see if there are any signs of damage. Hire a professional to check the flue and clean out the chimney. Built up soot can easily cause a dangerous fire in your home.
- Hire a professional to check out your heating and cooling system and do any regular maintenance that needs to be done.
Having the right homeowners insurance can help to ensure that your home is ready for the spring season. Contact Club Agency in Garden City, New York for all of your home insurance needs.