Cool Down This Summer With These Tips
Home Cooling Tips
With the temperatures continuing to rise for the summer season, you may find yourself reaching for your air conditioner more often. While you’re a/c will help to keep your house cool, it will also mean a much higher energy bill. Keep these tips in mind to save money while cooling your home this season.
- Close your blinds – up to 30 percent of the unwanted heat in your house comes from your windows. Keeping your blinds closed during the sunniest part of the day can help to keep your home at a comfortable temperature.
- Close your doors – if you have any rooms in your house that you do not regularly use, such as a guest room, keep the door closed. You do not want to waste time trying to cool areas that you will not be spending any time in.
- Turn on fans – fans help to keep the air circulating in your house, which will help to keep your house much cooler. Keep in mind that fans do not actually lower the temperature in the room, so make sure to turn off the fans when you leave the room.
- Sip on cold drinks – keeping your body temperature low will help you feel much more comfortable. Sip on an ice cold drink or place a cold rag on your neck and wrists to help cool down your entire body.
- Open your windows – when the outside temperature cools down in the evening, open your windows to let the cool air in. Just make sure that you remember to close them when the sun comes back up in the morning to avoid letting the hot air in.
For all of your home insurance needs to ensure that your house is protected from any unfortunate situation this summer, contact Club Agency in Garden City, New York.