Fall Foliage Tips
The changing colors of the leaves during the fall makes the season one of the most beautiful times of the year. It can also make your chore list much longer when the leaves start falling. Keep these leaf removal tips in mind to ensure falling leaves do not start taking over your yard this season.
- Use your lawn mower - if your lawnmower has a bag attachment, simply go along for the ride and pick up all the leaves. Once the leaves are collected into one bag, it makes it much easier to dispose of them.
- Vacuum them up - a leaf vacuum allows you to suck up everything that falls into your yard, including leaves, pine cones, twigs, and acorns, and then grinds the debris into mulch that you can use for compost.
- Blow them away - leaf blowers are the most practical option for large yards that have multiple trees since they can redistribute the leaves in your yard in a short amount of time.
- Put down tarps - starting before the leaves start falling can help you keep your yard clear of leaves all year long. Put large tarps down under trees and bundle up the tarp when it fills up to throw the leaves away.
There are also many fun ways that you can take advantage of the fall leaves. Keep these fall foliage fun tips in mind to make the most of the season.
- Place cards - let your children go around and collect leaves. Glue them onto cardboard or stiff paper and have them decorate the leaves with all your family members' names for tonight's dinner!
- Leaf puppets - simply glue leaves on the top of a popsicle stick, add googly eyes, and let your kids put on their own show!
To ensure that your home is properly protected throughout the fall season with the right homeowners insurance policy, contact
Club Agency Insurance Brokerage in Garden City, New York.