Tips To Keep Your Family Safe This Summer
Summer Safety 101
As the spring temperatures continue to increase, summer gets closer every day. While this can be great news for your children who are counting down the days until summer vacation, it can also mean long days spent in the pool and sun, which can lead to dangerous situations. Keep these summer safety tips in mind to help keep your kids healthy and safe this summer.
- Always supervise your children when they are around water, even if they are not swimming. Stay within arm’s reach of smaller children who are around water.
- Teach your children to swim as soon as possible. Keep in mind that even if your children know how to swim, they still need to be watched when they are around any water.
- If you have a pool in your backyard, install a self-locking fence around the entire perimeter. Keep all tables and chairs away from the fence so that children are not able to crawl over.
- If you are headed out on a boat this summer, make sure that your children have properly fitting life jackets, and that they wear them every time that they are on the boat or dock.
- Never leave your children or pets in a parked car in the sun, even if you are just running into a store for a couple of minutes. The temperature inside of a car can rise much faster than the temperature outside, creating a dangerous situation.
- Whenever your children are headed outside, apply sunscreen that has at least 15 SPF. If they are swimming or doing any other vigorous activity, reapply every two hours.
For all of your insurance coverage needs and to ensure that you and your family are protected from any peril this season, contact Club Agency in Garden City, New York.