Why Proof of Loss Matters for Your Garden City, NY Auto Insurance Claim
How to show your proof of loss and stay safe with auto insurance in Garden City, NY.
When you’re involved in a car accident, you’re not usually thinking clearly. You’re rattled from the crash and filing a claim with your insurance company has you all out of sorts. The fact of the matter is that insurance companies follow set guidelines to file a claim as outlined by the law. Part of such rules is submitting proof of loss. There are two ways to show proof of loss after a car crash: written statement and photographs. Each method is a little different. Check out what each process entails to make sure your claim is filed without any problems.
- Title your statement with your personal information. Be sure to include your full name, driver’s license number, policy number and information, car type, and vehicle identification number.
- Recount the details of the accident. Make sure you include the date it occurred, people involved, environmental details such as weather conditions, how the vehicle was damaged and how the accident happened in the first place.
- Be sure to check the details of what’s required. Some policies require sworn statements, which need to be notarized.
- For extra assistance, don’t hesitate to contact a professional. Talk to your insurance agent, or even an accident attorney. They can help give you the guidance you need to file your claim correctly.
- Make sure to take at least four clear photos of the damage. They provide evidence of the damage.
- Have a professional examine the car. There may be damages that you’re unaware of that a mechanic can detect.
- Save your receipts. That way you can submit them along with your claim. Also, be sure to keep a copy of everything you submit.
Lessen the blow of unexpected expenses with auto insurance. The professionals at Club Agency Insurance Brokerage can help! Located in Garden City, New York, we serve all your insurance needs! Contact us for more information.