Learn How to Keep Your Home & Car Safe During National Safety Month
Get the right insurance to stay safe along with these safety tips for National Safety Month.
Accidents happen daily. Some result in terrible injuries while others can be lethal. June is National Safety Month! To raise awareness about accidental injuries that could be prevented, the occasion calls for an audit of your safety practices. Know that you’re in a safe environment and check out these safety tips for your home and car.
- Keep any hazardous substances clearly labeled and locked away. Throw away any substances that you no longer need.
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Double check that they’re working so that you know you have them if you need them.
- Repair any broken or damaged parts of your home. That way you can prevent any accidents that may arise.
- Keep an emergency preparedness kit on hand. That way in the event of a disaster, it’s important that you’re ready. Secure your home properly and have emergency supplies including a first aid kit readily available.
- Stick to the speed limit for safety on the road. The speed limit exists for a reason. Too fast and you could lose control of the car. Too slow and you pose a danger to other vehicles.
- Wear your seat belt. If you’re in a car accident, a seat belt could just save your life. Rather than being thrown out of the car, you’ll stay put.
- Get your car a check up. Every so often, take your car in to be inspected. That way you can rest assured that there aren’t any mechanical issues that can be dangerous on the road.
Stay safe for National Safety Month with these tips and the right insurance. The professionals at Club Agency Insurance Brokerage can help you with all your insurance needs! Located in Garden City, New York, contact us for more information.