Your whole family is sure to enjoy this leftover recipe!
Just because the holiday season is coming to an end, it does not mean that you have to forget about all the tasty dishes that you got to enjoy! To really enjoy your holiday leftovers, keep these healthy tips and easy recipe in mind!
- Make sure all of your leftovers are stored in air tight containers.
- Most leftovers, including breads, soups, and cookies can all be placed in the freezer.
- Most food will save for up to seven days. However, if any of your leftovers start to smell a little funky, play it safe and throw it out.
- Mix leftovers with brown rice or pasta for a new twist on your holiday meal.
If you are looking for a delicious holiday leftover recipe that the whole family can enjoy together, try this tasty creamy ham casserole!
You will need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 chopped and seeded green bell pepper
- ¼ cup sliced celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Then you will need to:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the ham, bell pepper, onion, and celery for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from the heat and then stir in soup, pasta, and sour cream. Spoon into a lightly greased 1 ½ quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese, and bake uncovered for another 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and enjoy!
All of us at Club Agency
Insurance Brokerage in Garden City, New York would like to encourage you to try this delicious leftover recipe to clear out some room in your fridge!