As we prepare to welcome a new school year, we must think about how we can better prepare for a more organized and cost-effective year. Are you one of the many parents who spends hundreds each year on school supplies and wonders where it all goes each year? Rather than emptying your pockets to get your child the school supplies they need, follow these helpful, cost-effective tips:
- Before you head out, start looking through your drawers at what you already have. Make a list of items that you already have such as scissors, highlighters, etc., and then head over to the school supplies store.
- Choose more durable school supplies that will last throughout your child's school career. These items may include backpacks and lunch boxes. Stick to basic colors so your child does not grow bored of the hue or theme.
- Take the time to put your child's name on each of their items. This will ensure that you will not have to replace items mid-semester.
- Many parents forget to utilize dollar stores and discount stores when it comes to school supply shopping. All the basic supplies can be found for a dollar each at these discount stores, allowing you to spend more money elsewhere.
- Everyone is getting social nowadays, why don't you? Go to your favorite store's social media pages and check for deals! Many stores will post trivia questions and the winner receives a prize.
- Back-to-school shopping for clothes can be one of the most stressful tasks. Lessen the burden by starting with cleaning out the closets. Have your children empty their closets and make a keep, donate, and trash pile. They may find that they have a lot more clothes than they thought.
Club Agency today for all of your New York insurance needs. We can help provide you with the peace of mind knowing each of your children are safe and prepared for the upcoming school year!