Car Spring Maintenance Tips
Spring is officially here, which means warmer weather is hopefully on the way. The harsh winter weather can be brutal on your car, which is why now is the best time to get your car ready for the season. Keep these simple spring maintenance tips in mind to ensure your car runs its best this spring.
- Remove any leftover salt - salt that is used to melt the snow and ice on the road and can cause serious damage to your car. Take your car to a car wash to make sure that all the salt gets washed off.
- Check the suspension and alignment - driving over potholes can cause your suspension and alignment to be off. If you notice that the steering wheel vibrates while you drive, or your car pulls to one side, you need to get the alignment checked out.
- Check the fluids - check all of the fluids in your vehicle, including your transmission fluid and oil. Replace any fluids that have not been replaced since the start of winter to ensure that your car continues to run its best.
- Check your tires - rotate your tires and check the air pressure to ensure that they are all properly inflated, including the spare tire. Under inflated tires will affect your traction, which can lead to safety issues.
- Inspect the brakes - having properly functioning brakes is vital to staying safe on the road. Take your car to the mechanic and have them check the rotors and brake pads to make sure that nothing could lead to safety issues.
The changing season is also the best time to look over your auto insurance policy to make sure that you have the right amount of coverage. Contact
Club Agency in Garden City, New York for all of your auto insurance coverage needs.