Safety Tips for Your Holiday Decorations
Use Christmas Decorations Safety
With the holidays fast approaching, you may find yourself pulling out your box of decorations to get your home in the festive spirit. While you are decorating your home, it is important to make sure that you consider all of the potential safety issues that you may face. Keep these Christmas decoration safety tips in mind to ensure that you and your home are secure.
- Artificial snow sprays can cause serious irritation if it is inhaled. Make sure to carefully follow all directions on the can when using the spray.
- If you are buying an artificial tree, buy one that is fire resistant and tested by an independent laboratory.
- If you are buying a real tree, make sure that it is fresh. If the needles fall off when you touch them, the tree is too dry.
- Keep your tree away from any heat sources, such as fireplaces, radiators, and space heaters. Also, make sure that your tree is not blocking an exit.
- Check each string of lights before hanging them up. Throw out any lights that are frayed, damaged, or have loose connections.
- Avoid using metal nails to hang lights outside since they can easily pierce the protective coating. Instead, use plastic clips or hooks to keep them up.
- Make sure all decorations are turned off when you go to bed to ensure a fire does not start.
- Lights are either made for inside or outside use, not both. Only use the proper lights in the right areas of your home.
Having the right homeowners insurance policy is the best way to ensure that you are protected in case of any unfortunate situation this season. Contact the insurance professionals at Club Agency in Garden City, New York for all of your home insurance needs.